[Portuguese_icannwiki] Dustin in Brazil

Louise Marie Hurel louise.marie.hsd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 20:35:57 UTC 2017

Hi everyone!

Dear Daniel,
Thanks for reaching out!
Can't express how excited I am for the development of ICANN Wiki in Brazil.
Go go go!

Dustin,
Thanks for sharing the agenda! Unfortunately I won't be able to attend SSIG
as I will be participating on another conference. However, I would suggest
that you get in touch with people from Internet Lab (a think tank based in
São Paulo). They held a two-day workshop about ICANN, infrastructure and
Internet governance in October. They might serve as an interesting bridge
for you to get in touch with other people that might be interested in
getting to know ICANN Wiki.

Still in São Paulo: There is a new-born research group called NETS (based
in the University of São Paulo - USP) that might be a perfect fit! They're
a student-based initiative that seeks to contribute to a greater
Internet-related debate. I've been following their work and can
blindfoldedly say that they have been rocking it! I can connect you to them
if you wish (and with Internet Lab also)!

I'll keep on brainstorming and drop a line if any other
group/initiative/institution pops up.

Wishing the best of luck in this process!

Abraços,

Louise

--
LOUISE MARIE HUREL

*Researcher*

Center for Political and Strategic Studies at the Naval War College - Brazil
Skype: louise.dias
+55 21 993 239 787
louise.marie.hsd at gmail.com