[Swahili_icannwiki] Welcome to the Swahili ICANNWiki Mailing List!

Jackie Treiber jackie at icannwiki.com
Thu Aug 3 21:37:34 UTC 2017

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for participating in the ICANNWiki Edit-a-thon and joining the
mailing list. This email will be the first of many as we make progress on
the site and add to your learning. You can exchange ideas and questions
here on the mailing list. For now, we’ll focus on getting started and
learning how to contribute regularly.

Here are a few steps we want to make sure we do:

   1.

   If you haven’t signed up for an account, do so here
   <https://icannwiki.org/Special:RequestAccount>.
   2.

   Read over the ICANNWiki Values <https://icannwiki.org/ICANNWiki_Values>
   to understand the culture of the project. The most important of which are
   the following:
   1.

      Creating articles that are factual--and are referenced. I will give
      an example of how to reference down below. Please DO NOT use Wikipedia.
      2.

      Making articles that are unbiased. Make sure you aren’t writing with
      a marketing tone or if you have a personal opinion about a
subject, keep it
      out of the article.
      3.

      Keep the topics on point--should pertain to the Internet, Internet
      governance, ICANN and other Internet governance forums
      3.

   Look at other articles to see how they were built. Here are some good
   examples:
   1.

      Habari Node LTD <https://sw.icannwiki.org/Habari_Node_LTD>
      2.

      .biz <https://sw.icannwiki.org/.biz>
      4.

   When you feel like you’re ready. Think of a subject you want to cover.
   Search the site to see if its there. If it isn’t an article already, it
   will show up as a redlink. Click on the redlink to create the page. If
   the page does have an article, click the ‘edit’ button and get started!

In order to avoid making this very long, I’ll stop here in hopes that this
is enough to get started.

Let me know if you have any questions, I’m happy to help.

Asante,

Jackie

--
Jacqueline Treiber  .  Co-Executive Director, ICANNWiki  .  M +1
<%2B19713032765>5039805019  .  E  jackie at icannwiki.com  .  W  icannwiki.com