[Icannwiki_discuss] ICANN funding support

Jothan Frakes jothan at jothan.com
Sun Feb 4 00:12:45 UTC 2018

Hi-

I recently heard that the funding that I can Wiki receives from ICANN is
potentially going to be withdrawn.

It is hard to find any reference to this in the latest budget changes, and
supposedly there is a correspondence to ICANN that can be found online.

I want to be provided links to resources that explain the situation, such
as ICANN correspondence and where in the budget - so I that awareness of
the impact to IW can be elevated.

Also, just like Jimmy Wales does on Wikipedia's home page, it might be wise
to let the public know that the situation is such that donations and
support are needed to continue to make IW available, and how to do so.

-jothan